God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A New Day

I started today as a new day. I had made my meal plans yesterday and knew that I would have to go shopping.  I woke up spent some time with Boo and my hubby.  After a while we got ready to go to the grocery store.  Hubby was shocked at how much fruit and veggies I bought, but hey what is a little bit of shock between us.  I had skipped breakfast in favor of a Dr. Pepper. I know not the best choice but still I am addicted to those 23 flavors.  When we got home I made me a healthy lunch of a salad with all my favorite veggies, green lettuce, tomatoes, celery, avacado, and cucumber. My sandwich was not as inspiring just a turkey with mustard on whole wheat.  After lunch we just lounged around till it was time for me to cook dinner.


 Following my meal plan was not so bad, it took away the guess work as to what to cook but I did get to make the creative decision as to how to cook it.  I found a recipe online for Roast Stick Chicken-Rotisserie Style on allrecipes.com.  Then I used my recipe for glazed steamed baby carrots ( I used a ziplock zip and steam bag to steam the carrots.  Then in the bowl I was going to use for the carrots I melted 1tblsp of margarine and 1tblsp of brown sugar in the microwave. Then stirred it together added the carrots and microwaved for a few seconds stirred it all together and serve.)  Boo loves broccoli (all I do is use a zip and steam bag, and before I cook I shake Lowry's seasoned salt over the top.) So an easy peasy dinner. After dinner instead of going for a walk I went our in the back yard and played around. Then we picked up the yard and got all the toys put up, so that they will not be blown around or muddied by the storm that we have coming through.

When I finally got Boo to sleep I decided to watch the movie that came in the mail today. I had another DP, some fritos and jerky. I think I found the time that I have to watch out for. And I only made it about thirty minutes into the movie before I decide to go for a walk.  I thought this would be a quick walk because I was already starting to yawn, but no I had to go and walk 5 miles.  I kept walking because I did not want to stop.  I did a 5.19 mile walk in 1:28:01. I am proud of that number and can not wait till I can beat that number. It also showed me that if I keep going I might want to start thinking about doing the 10k instead of the 5k in February. But who knows I will not be signing up till Christmas so I will not have to make a decision till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment