God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Last Meal

One of my favorite meals is the fettuccine alfredo from our local Joe's Pizza Pasta and Subs.  So tonight we went as a family to say goodbye.  I am looking forward to a "new" life, but it is scary to start on any new road. Thoughts keep going through my mind like what if I fail?  What if I get bigger?  I know that both of those are possibilities but instead of dwelling on those for to long I think of climbing through the tunnels of McDonald's with my son, riding bikes by the river, and how much happier we will be spending quality time together that does not revolve around food. 

Tonight after dinner my son and I went for a walk (for me, and a bike ride for Boo).  We did not go as far as we normally would go. Boo would not listen and follow Mom's rules for the road. I also found out that my heart is not into working out after having such a heavy meal.  I am glad that we start eating better tomorrow because my body needs good fuel.  Tomorrow is cleaning out the pantry and buying some good fuel for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment